Sunday, July 3, 2011

Antique Find

This little beauty was purchased by me a week ago today. We were on our way home from San Antonio and using the backroads to get home. We came to the small town of Poth, TX and I saw this antique store as we were driving through town. I asked my husband if we could stop just to look around. He turned around and we went in. I wasn't really looking for this in particular but I have been wanting to find a desk to use with school pictures. My husband walked into the back room of the store and then yelled to me to see what he found. There were two of these back there. This one was in better shape than the other. The price on the desks was $110 each! I knew there was no way I could afford to pay that much for it. My dear husband asked the girl running the store if she thought they would take $50. She said she would have to call the actual owner and find out. She called and the woman agreed to sell it to us for $50! We went on Thusday to pick it up.
I have washed it with Murphy's Wood Soap to clean it up but it really needs to be restored somehow. I am not sure how to do that or what I should use.
Hopefully I can find something online that will tell me what I should do and what I should use. I can't wait to get it looking good and using it in pictures. Stay tuned......

0 comments:

Post a Comment