Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Has Arrived!

The sun and flowers have arrived in South Texas!

A few weeks ago I made a trip to Goliad to see if there were any bluebonnets out. Boy were there! All around the Fannin Monument there were bluebonnets with yellow daisy-looking flowers interspersed among them. Every once in a while there would be a purple wine cup mixed in. It was beautiful!


My son, Thomas, and I walked the nature trail at the Mission Espiritu. I caught a moment of thought as Thomas crossed a bridge and looked at the nature all around him.



We also went to the Aransas Wildlife Refuge. We didn't see a whole lot of wildlife but there were purple thistles out all along the sides of the road and the butterflies were just covering the thistles. I stopped and got a few pictures.


All of this points to the fact that spring is finally here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment